Former Greyhound Athletes in the News
- January 17, 2013: Bryan Wolf '06 (baseball) has been named the head varsity baseball coach at Nazareth High school. Read the article from The Easton Express-Times.
- December 9, 2012: Pat Egan '97 (men's cross country & track) was the subject of The Decmeber 9th Catching Up With segment in The Easton Express-Times. Read the article from The Easton Express-Times.
- December 6, 2012: Stevie Ochse '02 (women's soccer) has been named The Easton Express-Times 2012 Girl's Soccer Coach of the Year after her season at Saucon Valley High School. Read an article from The Easton Express-Times.
- October 3, 2012: Bob Gratz '75 (football) will be honored at halftime of the Notre Dame High School football game on Friday, October 5th. Read an article from The Easton Express-Times.
- August 27, 2012: Emily Shetzer '02 (cross country & track) has been named the United States Air Force's Athlete of the Year. Read an article from WHP TV21.
- August 1, 2012: Bob Thear '98 (cross country & track) was recently named the head cross country coach at Freedom High School in Bethlehem. Cadee Rockwell '12 (cross country & track) will be the assistant coach at Freedom.
- July 24, 2012: Kelly Wakeman '04 (soccer) has been named the Head Women's Soccer Coach at Ursinus College. Read an article from the The Pottstown Mercury.
- July 18, 2012: Carli Miller Henichek '00 (soccer) helped lead her Starters team to s second straight Lehigh Valley Senior League women's soccer championship. Read an article from the The Easton Express-Times.
- July 8, 2012: Heidi Wolfsberger Peoples '02 (cross country/track & field) is part of Moravian's 2012 Hall of Fame Class. Read an article from the The Scranton Times.
- June 17, 2012: The Moravian College women's soccer team hosted the 2nd Annual O-50 Tournament on Sunday, June 17 at Rocco Calvo Field. The Cementeros won the title in the tournament, which benefits the women's soccer program. The Cementeros, pictured at right, included - front row - Richard Clarkson, Tim Weeks & Fred Farbod and in the back row - Carl Anderson, Hisham Sobhy, Mike Pasco, Jim, Isaac Salinas, Dave, and Moravian Head Women's Soccer Coach Brienne Smith.
- June 14, 2012: Emily Shertzer '02 (cross country/track & field) has qualified for the 2012 United States Olympic Trial in the marathon. Read an article from the Harrisburg Patriot News.
- May 12, 2012: Brian Bergstol '07 (golf) has advanced in the U.S. Open Qualifying. In 2008, Bergstol played in the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines Golf Club. Read an article from the Easton Express Times.
- April 10, 2012: Charles Bartolet '60 (wrestling) will be inducted into the Saucon Valley High School Hall of Fame on June 6, 2012. Read an article from the Hellertown Patch.
- March 15, 2012: John Cupples '03 (football) has been named the head football coach at Allentown Central Catholic High School. Read an article from the Easton Express-Times. Read an article for the Allentown Morning Call.
- March 9, 2012: Airman 1st Class Emily
Shertzer '02 (cross country/track & field) has been chosen
by the Air Force to be named the Athlete of the Year for her
sustained success in military athletic competitions.
Of Shertzer's many athletic accomplishments in 2011, she had the fastest female time in the history of the All-Guard Marathon Team with a time of 2 hours, 54 minutes at the National Guard Marathon in Lincoln, Neb. She won the top spot for National Guard females and second place among all female runners. It was her first marathon.
In November, Shertzer led the Air Force at the 2011 Armed Forces Marathon Championship and Marine Corps Marathon when she finished with a U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials qualifying time of 2:45, coming in second place for women and less than 30 seconds behind first place. In January, she ran the U.S. Olympic Marathon Team Trials with a time of 2:49.
Shertzer is a full-time environmental planner at Fort Indiantown Gap and a member of the Air Guard Band of the Mid-Atlantic. She performs with the Lebanon Community Concert Band and has played with the Central Penn Symphony Orchestra.
Shertzer graduated from Moravian College in Bethlehem, where she received a bachelor's degree in biology with a minor in music. She also holds a master's degree in environmental science from the University of Texas.
Courtesy of Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- February 21, 2012: David Zinczenko '91 (wrestling) was one of 24 inductees into the Lehigh County Bicentennial Hall of Fame for his work as editor of Men's Health magazine. Read an article from the Allentown Morning Call.
- November 2, 2011: Pamela Porter Grauer '94 (women's basketball) was inducted into the Allen-Rogowicz Chapter of the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame. Pamela was inducted into Moravian's Hall of Fame in 2005.